Former Proud Boys national chairman Enrique Tarrio was sentenced Tuesday for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol.
Former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio has been sentenced to 22 years in federal prison for the seditious conspiracy of the 1/6 attack.
Enrique Tarrio received 22 years in federal prison on Tuesday, a record-high sentence for the January 6, 2021, defendants.
Convicted of seditious conspiracy, he recruited a group of 200 to march on the Capitol, though he wasn’t in D.C. that day.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed