Trump has moved beyond attacking Special Counsel Jack Smith to now attacking Judge Tanya Chutkan as the former president is escalating his threats and attacks.
Rep. Jamie Raskin pointed out that there are currently people serving years in jail for counterfeiting one vote while Donald Trump tried to steal an entire election.
John Lauro, who is defending Trump against four felony charges brought by the government, said the ex-president's campaign was speech protected by the First Amendment.
The court filing, known as a protective order, details the rules that the government wants Trump and his lawyers to follow during the discovery process.
Donald Trump and his legal team are escalating efforts to discredit and delay a trial over his alleged attempt to overturn the 2020 election, as his fight to avert criminal convictions becomes ever more indistinguishable from his presidential campaign.
Trump’s argument has been repeatedly rejected by federal judges in D.C. who have handled other politically sensitive cases stemming from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed