NATO announced on Monday that Turkey has agreed to membership in NATO for Sweden, ending a year-long standoff after Sweden met Turkey’s demands.
Biden’s big Europe trip could have major implications for Ukraine.
President Erdoğan reversed himself on the eve of NATO’s summit in Vilnius.
President Biden said he looks forward to welcoming Sweden as the 32nd NATO ally.
The Turkey-Sweden-NATO drama, briefly explained.
NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg said on Monday that Turkey has agreed to back Sweden’s bid to join the military alliance.
The NATO chief says Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed to immediately send Sweden’s NATO accession protocol to his Parliament.
President Joe Biden will meet with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the NATO summit on Wednesday, an official familiar with the meeting has confirmed.
With a pivotal NATO summit looming, Ukraine tops the agenda for the US and other allies in the military alliance. Follow live updates here.
The bilateral sessions show that Biden is personally invested in two high-profile diplomatic acts.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed