Ahead of the NATO summit in Lithuania, the president said that Russia's war must end before the defense alliance can invite Kyiv to join.
Democratic U.S. Senator Tim Kaine and Representative Barbara Lee raised concerns on Sunday over the decision by Biden's administration to send cluster bombs to Ukraine to combat the Russian invasion.
President Biden, who will attend a NATO summit in Europe this week, said it was “premature” to allow Ukraine to join the alliance as the war with Russia continues.
ABC's Martha Raddatz pushed back Sunday against John Kirby over the administration's decision to send controversial so-called "cluster munitions" to Ukraine.
Kyiv's deputy defense minister appeared to admit that Ukrainian forces were responsible for an attack last October on the bridge connecting Russia and occupied Crimea. Follow live updates here.
The United States risks losing its "moral leadership," Rep. Barbara Lee said.
The president continued to pledge security guarantees, but said NATO members lack ‘unanimity’ over Ukraine amid current war.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed