Why cluster bombs are different from other US weapons sent to Ukraine.
Some lawmakers say the decision cedes the moral high ground and will kill civilians.
Then-White House press secretary Jen Psaki called Russia’s alleged use of cluster munitions a potential “war crime."
It's the 500th day of Russia's war in Ukraine. With a pivotal NATO summit looming, Ukraine has held high-profile meetings and secured controversial cluster munitions from the US. Follow live updates here.
During a portion of an interview with Washington Post columnist and CNN host Fareed Zakaria set to air on Sunday's broadcast of CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS" | Clips
The controversial weapons have been banned in more than 100 countries.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed