Former President Trump on Friday urged Republican lawmakers to dig in on debt ceiling talks just as negotiations with the White House were paused over disagreements. “Republicans should not m…
Speaker Kevin McCarthy and House Republicans pulled out of debt limit talks because they claim the conversations aren't productive.
A top GOP lawmaker negotiating a debt ceiling compromise with the White House on Friday said the talks were on “pause,” suggesting at least a temporary breakdown in the process as the clock ticks t…
How much to cut spending is “the major sticking point,” but it’s “not the only one,” as Rep. Dusty Johnson put it.
To view past editions of The Hill’s 12:30 Report, click here: To receive The Hill’s 12:30 Report in your inbox, please sign up here: –> A midday take on what’s happening…
The White House confirmed Friday that the ongoing debt ceiling talks between President Joe Biden's team and House Republicans have paused but remained adamant that the administration is striving to reach a bipartisan solution to avoid a national default.
Rep. Garret Graves (R-LA), who has been leading debt ceiling talks, said that Republicans would "pause" debt ceiling negotiations.
Negotiations between Biden and GOP leaders are targeting public health dollars slated for combating record infection rates.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez believes that Democrats have the upper hand – but has questions about who in the West Wing still has the progressives’ back.
Speaker Kevin McCarthy says it would take a week and a half for a debt deal to pass Congress. But both chambers have certain escape hatches in case timing slips — if lawmakers cooperate.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed