Speaker Kevin McCarthy and House Republicans pulled out of debt limit talks because they claim the conversations aren't productive.
The Group of Seven wealthy democracies have urged China to push Russia to end its war on Ukraine
The White House is aiming to arrange a phone call between President Biden and Speaker McCarthy (R-Calif.) to try and get talks over avoiding a default back on track once the president has wrapped u…
Russia’s Defense Ministry said on Saturday that the Wagner Group has seized Bakhmut with assistance from Russian troops, after a protracted monthslong battle over the eastern Ukrainian city. “As a …
Japan said Zelenskyy’s inclusion stems from his “strong wish” to participate in talks with the bloc and countries that will influence his nation’s defense against Russia.
The GOP wants to raise spending for the military, veterans care and border security; the White House wants to spread the impact of cuts across the board.
The debate in Congress regarding the nation's debt ceiling has hit another speed bump, with Democrats claiming the talks are going in the wrong direction.
Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) put negotiations with the White House to avert a debt default on pause Saturday, saying talks will only continue once President Joe Biden returns from the G7 on Sunday.
President Joe Biden and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) will speak by phone on Sunday morning amid a stalemate in debt limit negotiations, the White House said Saturday.
National Security Council spokesman John Kirby shared his insight on a possible solution to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine and it involves China.
He urged his supporters to stay the course and tried to convince fence sitters like India and Brazil that there is no middle ground.
The U.S. finds itself caught between defending President Biden’s climate change agenda and aiding allies intent on increasing their access to fossil fuels.
Democrats are venting over how they have been forced to negotiate with Kevin McCarthy on a potential debt ceiling deal after saying they would consider doing so.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau grilled Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni over LGBT rights during the G7 summit, according to multiple media reports.
President Joe Biden's party slowly relented on its insistence that any hike be clean. And progressives are aghast at the concessions the GOP is poised to extract.
After a hiccup in debt negotiations back home, Biden reassures ‘we’ll be able to avoid a default’ during summit in Japan.
World’s wealthiest democracies find broad convergence on need to change tack in confronting the Asian giant.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed