Truth Gettr gab-logo Gab Parler Telegram Share Tweet The New York Times has just reported current mayor of Chicago, Illinois, Lori Lightfoot has lost her re-election bid. Lightfoot who has b...
Cook County Commissioner Brandon Johnson is projected to advance in Chicago’s mayoral race, pitting him against former Chicago Public Schools (CPS) CEO Paul Vallas, according to The Associated Pres…
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot lost her bid for a second term Tuesday, failing to make a top-two runoff in the latest demonstration of growing concerns about crime in one of the nation's largest cities.
Paul Vallas and Brandon Johnson are two runoff competitors who could hardly be more different among Lightfoot’s leading challengers.
Lori Lightfoot's tenure as mayor of Chicago is ending, marked by four years of grappling with rising crime rates and keeping the city afloat during a nationwide pandemic. Both her job performance and the electability of her opponents led to her becoming the first incumbent to lose an election since…
The result was a resounding defeat that reflected widespread dissatisfaction from voters over her handling of crime. Challengers to her political left and right advanced to a runoff.
Lori Lightfoot failed to secure enough votes to advance to the runoff, losing her bid for a second term in office, according to a projection.
Lightfoot lost her bid for reelection Tuesday, sending leading challenger Paul Vallas and second-place candidate Brandon Johnson to an April 4 runoff contest, The Associated Press reported.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed