Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) said that Kevin McCarthy is now in league with the 1/6 insurrectionists because he is providing the terrorists with 1/6 security footage.
The House Ethics Committee announced Thursday it is officially moving forward with a probe into embattled Rep. George Santos as the New York Republican faces mounting legal issues and calls to resign for extensively lying about his resume and biography.
But the department also urged a federal appeals court to sidestep "sensitive questions" about presidential immunity.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is embarrassing himself at a hearing featuring Merrick Garland by spinning conspiracy theories and getting obvious facts wrong.
The department's position that Trump is not immune from suit was laid out in a filing before a federal appeals court.
The panel will also review whether Santos was truthful on financial disclosure forms, whether he may have violated conflict-of-interest laws and allegations of sexual misconduct.
For those keeping score, Republican Rep. George Santos is now facing local, state, federal, international and congressional ethics investigations.
The House Ethics Committee unanimously voted to authorize an investigation into whether Mr. Santos broke various laws or engaged in sexual misconduct.
The department told an appeals court that if President Donald J. Trump’s speech incited the Jan. 6 riot, he was not shielded by immunity.
More than a week after embattled Rep. George Santos named his new campaign treasurer, questions persist over the identity of the person who has filled that role and the campaign's filings with federal regulators.
A panel on CNN Tonight takes a look at George Santos' interview on "Piers Morgan Uncensored," where Morgan confronts the Republican congressman about his lies.
Rep. George Santos, the New York Republican who fabricated a large portion of his biography, sat down for an extended interview with Piers Morgan -- and lied about his lies.
Embattled Rep. George Santos is contemplating a nightmare scenario for House Republicans: Trying to stick it out in Congress, even if he is indicted on criminal charges.
The Civil Division of the Department of Justice offered an opinion to a federal appeals court that Trump incited the 1/6 violence and can be sued by Capitol Police and members of Congress.
Many of the other 2024 candidates aren’t showing and the hall is expected to be filled with MAGA fanatics. But what if it’s not a coronation?
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed