Lawmakers leading the negotiations on a bill to fund the federal government for the current fiscal year say they’re reached agreement on a “framework” that should allow them to complete work on the bill over the next week and avoid a government shutdown
Lawmakers have struck a much-anticipated deal on a framework for an omnibus package to fund the government for fiscal 2023. Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) on Tuesday…
House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy took to Fox News primetime last week and dinged his counterpart across the Capitol: Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell.
Representative Kevin McCarthy is dealing with a group of right-wing detractors who appear impervious to negotiation, and who have yet to be moved even by the entreaties of the former president.
Key lawmakers announced that they had struck a deal on the framework for funding the government through the end of the current fiscal year.
On Tuesday's broadcast of the Fox News Channel's "Hannity," House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) reacted to the omnibus framework by pointing | Clips
Top congressional negotiators announced Tuesday evening that an agreement had been reached for a framework that should allow lawmakers to complete a sweeping full-year government funding package.
Republicans are divided over whether to land a year-end spending deal, taking it off the plate of next year's divided party and potential Speaker Kevin McCarthy.
Leading negotiators didn’t release government funding totals in announcing the deal, but appropriators have largely settled on an $858 billion defense budget in recent weeks.
Political leaders are generally at their strongest the moment they take office.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed