Ukraine’s second-largest city and several strategic hubs were liberated in the operation.
Russia attacked power stations and other infrastructure Sunday, causing widespread outages across Ukraine.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said he was surprised by former President Trump’s continued praise of Russian President Vladimir Putin even after Moscow invaded Ukraine, given how much infor…
Russia acknowledged that it had lost nearly all of the northern region of Kharkiv after a blitzkrieg thrust by Ukrainian fighters.
The collapse of Russian defenses in Ukraine's Kharkiv region has redrawn the battlefield, and ignited recriminations among influential Russian commentators and allies of Vladimir Putin.
The war’s widespread devastation provides an opportunity to rebuild the nation on more sustainable grounds. Plans are already circulating.
The Russian president must now contend with an unusual level of criticism of his commanders’ competence in Ukraine.
Russia’s military setbacks may be weakening President Vladimir V. Putin’s reputation at home as a savvy geopolitical strategist.
French President Emmanuel Macron reiterated his demand for a ceasefire in Ukraine and Russian withdrawal from the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant during a phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin, the Elysee Palace said Sunday.
Ukrainian forces have recaptured more than 3,000 square kilometers of territory in eastern Ukraine, more territory than Russian forces have captured in all their operations in Ukraine since April. Follow here for news updates.
The war stretched to its 200-day mark, following Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion in February.
Ukrainian forces are about 50 kilometers from the Russian border, General Zaluzhnyi says.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed