Queen Elizabeth II, the longest-reigning British monarch whose rule spanned seven decades, died on Thursday at the age of 96, Buckingham Palace has announced.
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II has died at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, Buckingham Palace said on Thursday. She was 96. Here's what we know about the British royal family's line of succession.
To provide the United Kingdom with the monarch she felt it needed, Queen Elizabeth II sacrificed an ordinary life and the other things most of us take for granted.
A look back at the life and service of Britain’s longest-reigning monarch.
Former President Trump responded to news that Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II has passed, leaving her son Prince Charles to take the throne as King Charles III. “Queen Elizabeth’s historic and r…
Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle were quick to share their condolences Thursday after news broke that Queen Elizabeth II died at her Balmoral Castle in Scotland, as well as celebrating the lega…
President Biden and first lady Jill Biden honored Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday, calling her “a steadying presence” and “a stateswoman of unmatched dignity” following her death. “In a world of con…
A double rainbow appeared Thursday outside of Buckingham Palace shortly after Queen Elizabeth's death was announced.
A double rainbow over Buckingham Palace has been attributed to the late Queen Elizabeth II and her husband, Prince Philip.
Queen Elizabeth II passed away on Thursday, Buckingham Palace announced. She was 96. A double rainbow was spotted over Buckingham Palace on Thursday. A rainbow has appeared opposite Buckingham Palace over crowds hoping for better news on the Queen’s health @itvnews pic.twitter.com/UsE0CM0siP — Romilly Weeks (@romillyweeks) September 8, 2022 President Trump released a heartfelt statement…
Trump's staff posted a ghostwritten statement that tried to make Donald Trump sound like a normal human being after Queen Elizabeth II died.
A future "climate king" takes over at an uncertain time for the United Kingdom and the world.
She ruled for seven decades, unshakably committed to the rituals of her role amid epic social and economic change and family scandal.
Queen Elizabeth II, who has died age 96 after the longest reign in British history, will be mourned around the globe as one of the last monarchs born to a classic age of European royalty, when kings and queens wielded genuine political power.
The UK is in mourning after Queen Elizabeth II died aged 96.
“Our hearts and our thoughts go to the family members of the queen,” said White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.
Buckingham Palace has announced the death of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, ending her 70-year reign.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed