StoryGraph Biggest Story 2022-05-11 -- david mckinley (8), rep david (7), rep alex (7), charles herbster (7), jim pillen (6)
Here are the Trump-backed candidates who won the Nebraska and West Virginia primaries
Donald Trump played it pretty safe with his May 3 endorsements in Ohio and Indiana and won big. Last night, his picks were riskier and he took a big loss.
2022 Midterms: The Big Races To Watch In Nebraska, West Virginia
How much sway does Trump have?
Trump-Backed Candidates 58-1 in Midterm Republican Primaries
Candidates Backed by former President Trump are 58-1 in midterm primaries following Tuesday's results in West Virginia and Nebraska.
Trump-Backed Candidate Loses Big In Key Primary, Tarnishing Trump’s Endorsement Record
Jim Pillen won the Republican nomination for Nebraska's gubernatorial race Tuesday, defeating a scandal-plagued Trump-endorsed candidate.
Trump-Backed Alex Mooney Wins West Virginia Republican Primary
Trump-endorsed Rep. Alex Mooney defeated Rep. David McKinley in the contentious battle for West Virginia's second congressional district.
Trump-backed Herbster, accused of groping, loses to Pillen in Neb.; Mooney wins in W.Va.
The mixed results for the former president came in contests pitting him against local Republican leaders.
Trump-Endorsed West Virginia Rep. Alex Mooney Defeats David McKinley in West Virginia Primary
Rep. Alexander Mooney (R-WV) Trump-endorsed West Virginia Representative Alex Mooney defeated David McKinley in the state primary on Tuesday night. This is another victory for President Trump who went 55 and 0 last week in Ohio and Indiana. Business Insider reported: Rep. Alex Mooney was forced to square off against fellow Republican Rep. David McKinley…
Mooney beats McKinley, Trump's pick falls in Nebraska as GOP battles in primaries
Former President Donald Trump's pick won a big House primary in West Virginia, but Trump suffered his first endorsement loss of 2022 in Nebraska.
Two winners and two losers from the Nebraska and West Virginia primaries
This week’s primaries were another test of just how influential Trump’s endorsement is.
Opinion | Why the GOP thinks the culture war is the only fight worth having
Cultural and social fights, not economic ideas, appear to be at the center of Republicans’ midterm plans.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed