Thanks to the west, Ukraine now has more tanks in their country to defend themselves with than the invading Russians.
Reflecting a renewed sense of urgency, President Biden announced that the United States would send the Ukrainians $800 million more in military aid.
“Of course, getting control of such an important center in the south as Mariupol is a success,” Mr. Putin was shown telling Mr. Shoigu, though the city is not yet fully under Russian control. “Cong...
After a harrowing, all-night drive through Russian-controlled territory, evacuees said most of the city was pulverized by weeks of Russian shelling.
“We’re hoping for help,” Sgt. Leonid Kuznetsov said. “If we don’t get it, we won’t make it out of this factory. We will die here with weapons in our hands defending Ukraine.”
The White House has brought on a retired three-star general to help coordinate the hundreds of millions in military assistance that the United States is sending to Ukraine.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed