Rachel Maddow played the tape that proves Rep. Kevin McCarthy was lying when he denied calling on Trump to resign.
Audio surfaced Thursday night in which House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy discusses pushing President Donald Trump to resign following the pro-Trump attack on the Capitol.
Joe Biden called out Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema for electing themselves president without mentioning their names.
Ohio Republicans are asking voters to boycott Trump's rally with J.D. Vance, and if they go, they are asked to boo Vance.
In a move straight out of Russia or North Korea, Florida House Republicans turned off the WiFi and cleared the gallery so that protests of their gerrymandered racist map would not be seen.
Author Jonathan Martin said that the Kevin McCarthy tape was just one of many 1/6 tapes of Republicans that they have.
The New York Times reported Thursday that GOP leaders had told fellow Republicans they believed President Donald Trump incited the Jan. 6 insurrection and would personally urge him to resign.
New York Times reporters Alexander Burns and Jonathan Martin offered a recording on Tuesday's broadcast of MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show," allegedly of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) telling Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) that he would recommend to then-President Donald Trump that he should resign. | Clips
Rachel Maddow leaked a private phone call on her show on Thursday night of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy with Trump-hating lunatic Liz Cheney on January 10, 2021. On January 10, 2021, Kevin McCarthy spoke with several GOP House leaders including Liz Cheney who was third-in-line in the House Republican Caucus at that time. During…
In a leaked recording of Kevin McCarthy on a call with Liz Cheney and other House Republicans, the Minority Leader told Cheney that he would counsel Trump to resign back on January 10, 2021. “I think [impeachment resolutions] will pass, and it would be my recommendation you should resign,” McCarthy said he would tell Trump…
Certain recordings could complicate the California Republican's quest to become Speaker of the House, particularly if Trump comes out against him.
The Republican leaders of Congress totally folded rather than show real leadership.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed