White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki had to try not to laugh when asked about Russia sanctioning her, President Biden, and Hillary Clinton.
Kyiv's mayor imposed a curfew on the city starting on Tuesday evening as Russian forces escalate their attacks on the capital.
The Ukrainian president said in a video message that Russian forces would be treated "as people, decently," if they give up.
With a crisis rocking Europe, the left is shelving demands for defense cuts and a swift end to fossil fuels, while on the right, Trump-era foreign policy and criticism of Ukraine are fading.
The port city of Mykolaiv is being shelled by Russian forces every day. Bodies are piled at the morgue. But residents refuse to succumb.
In a video following her sentence, the state TV worker said she had been interrogated for 14 hours and “spent two days without sleep.” She still faces a lengthy prison sentence.
Zelensky's address to Congress on Wednesday is a big moment that could strengthen Biden's hand. But it also could confront Biden with a challenge if Zelensky makes an emotional appeal for measures Biden does not want to take.
President Joe Biden is confronting a daily deluge of pressure from lawmakers on Capitol Hill to do more -- and act faster -- to help Ukraine as Russian President Vladimir Putin intensifies his bloody attacks across the country.
The Ukrainian military destroyed a number of Russian military helicopters at the Kherson International Airport Tuesday, new satellite images from Planet Labs show.
Explosions were heard overnight in Kyiv's suburbs as air raid sirens once again blared in the Ukrainian capital, according to a CNN team on the ground.
Leaders from Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovenia are visiting Kyiv, while US President Joe Biden plans a trip to discuss the war with EU and NATO allies.
In an 11-minute virtual address to Canada’s Parliament, Zelenskyy spoke of mounting civilian casualties in Ukraine.
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine and his push to upend the broader security order in Europe may lead to a historic shift in American thinking about defense of the continent
EXCLUSIVE — Former President Donald Trump said in an interview that he is “surprised” Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the invasion of Ukraine and further cracked down on freedom inside Russia, explaining that he believed the strongman’s threats were a negotiating tactic.
For the second time in almost as many days, Vice President Harris appeared to forget the central reason for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
The prime ministers of the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovenia visited Ukraine’s battered capital to show their “unequivocal support” for Ukraine. President Biden will meet with NATO officials in Europe next week, aides said.
The Ukrainian president wants a lot more than Biden is willing to give, raising the stakes for his speech to Congress.
Marina Ovsyannikova crashed Russia’s state news broadcast Monday night to protest the war in Ukraine.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed