Senate Majority Leader Schumer and Minority Leader McConnell released a joint Senate statement of solidarity with Ukraine.
How the world got here, what Russia wants, and more questions, answered.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has suggested there may be a diplomatic solution to the predicament he created.
President Biden delivered a dire warning to Putin that if he invades Ukraine, the US will rally the world and defend NATO territory.
After meeting with Germany’s leader, Putin says some Russian troops will return to their bases.VideoPresident Vladimir V. Putin of Russia said he intended to continue talks with the West and that R...
Senate Republicans want Sarah Bloom Raskin dropped as a nominee, so they are blocking Biden's slate of nominees for Federal Reserve positions.
There is speculation from the legal community that Rudy Giuliani might be using the threat of 1/6 Committee cooperation to get Trump to pay his legal bills.
Millions of people throughout the United States filed applications to start businesses during the second year of the coronavirus pandemic that has disrupted the economy.
At a Tuesday press conference, New York City Mayor Eric Adams accused the media of distorting the news and implied it had something to do with his race.
The White House sidestepped a question about a possible fissure in how Western allies are prepared to talk about Ukraine’s NATO aspirations being placed on hold to avert a Russian offensive.
We are on the edge of our seats waiting to see what Biden will do about Russia and Ukraine. But why do anything?
President Joe Biden delivered an aggressive speech against Russian President Vladimir Putin, warning him again not to invade Ukraine.
Reporters pressed White House press secretary Jen Psaki with last minute questions Tuesday as she appeared to rush out of the briefing room.
Each side is trying to convince the other that the price of conflict is too high. It is a complex game played with deliberate ambiguity, raising the risk of lethal miscalculation.
Knowing the intentions of any autocratic leader is difficult, but President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, who began his career as a K.G.B. officer, poses a particular challenge.
The effectiveness of the weapons against the better-equipped Russian Army depends on what Moscow orders its troops to do.
U.S. intelligence officials allege a conservative financial website with a significant American readership is amplifying Kremlin propaganda
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed