President Joe Biden welcomed German Chancellor Olaf Scholz to the White House Monday at a critical time for the leaders as tensions with Russia persist.
Tucker Carlson and Senators like Josh Hawley have been pushing Putin propaganda on Ukraine, but new polling shows the American people aren't buying it.
President Vladimir Putin said diplomatic ideas raised in a meeting by French President Emmanuel Macron were worth pursuing, but did not rule out a Russian invasion of Ukraine.
After meeting with the German chancellor, Mr. Biden promised a united response to Russia.
Welcoming German Chancellor Olaf Scholz to the White House for their first meeting, President Biden said the U.S. and Germany are "working in lockstep to further deter Russian aggression in Europe."
President Joe Biden and Germany's leader sought to put on a united front Monday at the White House, but one key sticking point appeared to remain despite their pledges of unity: The future of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline.
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz insisted to CNN that the United States and Germany are on the same page when it comes to Russia and Ukraine, even as he refused to discuss the Nord Stream 2 pipeline between Russia and Germany.
French President Emmanuel Macron says Russian President Vladimir Putin told him that Moscow would not further escalate the Ukraine crisis
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed