StoryGraph Biggest Story 2022-02-09 -- liz cheney and adam kinzinger (7), a violent insurrection (6), singling members (5), traditionally view (4), the 2020 election (4)
Kevin McCarthy Runs Away From Reporter When Asked If 1/6 Was Legitimate Political Discourse
Kevin McCarthy broke into a sprint and ran down the hallway when he was asked if 1/6 was legitimate political discourse.
GOP In Disarray As Mitch McConnell Goes After The RNC And Calls 1/6 A Violent Insurrection
The chaos and division are growing in the Republican Party as Mitch McConnell expressed his disagreement with the RNC on 1/6 and censuring Cheney and Kinzinger.
McConnell Denounces R.N.C. Censure of Jan. 6 Panel Members
Senator Mitch McConnell joined a chorus of Republicans distancing themselves from the committee’s action, describing the Capitol riot as “a violent insurrection.”
Analysis: Trump sets off yet another GOP civil war, risking party's midterm strategy
Mitch McConnell doesn't say anything by accident. The Senate minority leader's every move is in the service of his long game dedicated to securing power.
Government Reveals Trove of Evidence in First Jan. 6 Trial
With a Texas man set to go on trial this month, prosecutors released a detailed list of their witnesses and evidence, including testimony from the defendant’s two teenage children.
Analysis | The GOP’s legitimate political discord
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell knocked the RNC for censuring fellow Republicans. He joins a long list.
McConnell and McCarthy split over RNC censure resolution
The top two Republican leaders in Congress were at odds Tuesday over the Republican National Committee's recent resolution that formally censured GOP Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for serving on the House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection.
Analysis: Mitch McConnell just smacked down the RNC
After several days of steering clear of the Republican National Committee's decision to formally censure GOP Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, Mitch McConnell tore the Band-Aid off on Tuesday.
Watch: Mitch McConnell reacts to RNC censure of Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney - CNN Video
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) reacts to the Republican National Convention's censure of Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) and Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY). CNN's Scott Jennings explains what his stance could mean for the 2022 elections.
Prosecutors plan to call defendant's children to testify in first US Capitol attack trial
Prosecutors are laying out a strategy that includes calling a member of former Vice President Mike Pence's security detail and the defendant's two children to the stand.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed