The 1/6 Committee knows that Ivanka Trump has direct information about her father's behavior on 1/6 and it could have major repercussions.
Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) criticized the Republican National Committee (RNC) for its censure of him and Representative Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) for the roles they’ve played in the ongoing investigation into the January 6 insurrection, noting that the censure of “Liz and I was a bridge that went way too far.” Kinzinger and Cheney, who sit … Continue reading "Kinzinger Hits Back at RNC for Censure of Him and Liz Cheney"
Her proximity to then-President Trump on Jan. 6 could provide the committee with direct access to what he was doing during those crucial three hours when his supporters violently stormed Capitol.
The RNC censured two members of Congress for refusing to play along.
The Republican Party is ever closer to the destination to which it has long been headed under former President Donald Trump -- the legitimization of violence as a form of political expression.
We knew Donald Trump would respond to Mike Pence telling the truth about the electoral process. We didn’t know how he’d respond.
Why did the Republican National Committee engage in such an extraordinary display of self-humiliation on Friday? Because of the danger Cheney poses.
G.O.P. candidates, tapping into voters’ frustrations with a seemingly endless pandemic, are stepping up their attacks on Dr. Anthony S. Fauci.
“President Trump is wrong,” Pence said of Trump saying that Pence could've overturned the 2020 election. The comments echoed what Pence said before but were more direct — and for a reason.
The House select committee investigating the Capitol insurrection is now in possession of White House records that provide new details about a phone call Donald Trump made to Republican Rep. Jim Jordan on January 6, 2021 -- as the investigation drills down on the former President's communications that day and questions have long swirled around calls between him and lawmakers.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed