Marc Short, former Vice President Mike Pence’s chief of staff, has testified before the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack at the capitol, according to CNN.
Marc Short, former Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff, quietly testified before the House select committee investigating January 6 last week in response to a subpoena, sources tell CNN, in the most significant sign to date that Pence's team is cooperating with the probe.
The former president’s statement came in response to efforts underway to make changes to the Electoral Count Act, which governs how Congress counts electoral votes in the presidential election.
Former President Donald Trump teased a 2024 White House bid this weekend while also spewing a raft of election lies and January 6 revisionism. His comments drew some rare GOP pushback, but also underscored the legal and political challenges Trump faces more than a year after his 2020 election loss.
Republican Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger blasted former President Donald Trump's recent comments related to the 2020 election as he teased a 2024 White House bid over the weekend.
Conservative attorney George Conway responds after former President Trump released a statement criticizing former Vice President Mike Pence for not overturning the 2020 presidential election.
“We want the public to understand just how close we came to a very different result and that democracy was in danger,” said Rep. Pete Aguilar (D-Calif.), one of the committee’s seven Democrats, in ...
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed