Joe Biden was agitated and fired up after meeting with Senate Democrats on Capitol Hill on Thursday. Democrat Senators Manchin and Sinema blew up Joe Biden’s bid to kill the filibuster so now his ‘voting rights’ bill that would make it easier for Democrats to steal elections is DOA. Frustrated and angry, Joe Biden vowed…
Democrat Senator Kyrsten Sinema (AZ) nuked Joe Biden’s agenda on Thursday. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on Tuesday traveled to Atlanta, Georgia to push the Democrats’ ‘voting rights’ bill that will make it easier for them to steal elections. Biden and Harris called on the Senate to nuke the filibuster in order to pass a…
Senate rules are fostering obstruction — not bipartisanship.
Election law expert Richard L. Hasen on the problem of election subversion — and what can be done to stop it.
The Democrats' plan gets past one of two likely GOP filibusters without changing the rules.
President Biden met with Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) on Thursday evening about voting rights as the president looks to find a path forward to passing legislation.
Democratic Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona reiterated from the Senate floor Thursday that she is not backing off her position to uphold the filibuster, less than an hour before President Joe Biden arrived on Capitol Hill to pitch Democrats on eradicating it.
The president talked about the late majority leader Robert Byrd at some length during his Thursday meeting with the 50-member Senate Democratic caucus.
ÂYouÂll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think.Â Â Mitch McConnell on Nov. 21, 2013, in Senate floor speech to Harry Reid-led...
President Biden, embattled on several fronts, got hit by a twin blow Thursday, as the Supreme Court struck down a key vaccine mandate and his quest to pass legislation protecting voting rights looked close to defeat.
President Joe Biden is ending his first year in office with his worst week yet, with the Supreme Court striking down his vaccine-or-test mandate and more.
President Joe Biden arrived on Capitol Hill on Thursday afternoon as he continues to push for passage of voting legislation in Congress, despite the uphill battle Democrats face amid Republican opposition and resistance within their ranks to changing Senate rules.
Republicans aligned with former President Trump are pressing ahead at the state level to change voting procedures, conduct partisan investigations of the last presidential contest and seize more control over the machinery of elections.
President Joe Biden didn't mince words earlier this week in a speech announcing his support for changing the filibuster rules to allow a simple majority to pass new voting rights legislation.
A group of Republicans and Democrats is coalescing around fixing the Electoral Count Act, while the president clings to likely-to-fail voting legislation.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed