House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday praised Joe Biden for labeling millions of Americans “domestic enemies.” Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on Tuesday traveled to Atlanta, Georgia to push the Democrats’ ‘voting rights’ bill that will make it easier for them to steal elections. Biden on Tuesday delivered a divisive speech from Atlanta, Georgia where he called…
Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) announced on Thursday night that the Senate will take up voting rights legislation on Tuesday, missing his self-imposed deadline to hold a vote on changing the filibuster by Monday, Jan.
Senate rules are fostering obstruction — not bipartisanship.
Democrats control Washington but President Joe Biden is staring at a wall of conservative power, accrued over years and wielded with a ruthlessness and zeal for rule-breaking that his own party has rarely matched.
Supreme Court Puts an End to Pandemic of the Autocrat | RealClearPolitics
President Joe Biden drew criticism for comparing anyone opposing Democratic election bills to segregationists and Confederate leaders before members of his own party balked at the Senate rule changes necessary to pass them without bipartisan support.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said Thursday evening the Senate will delay its scheduled January recess and take up voting legislation on Tuesday despite major obstacles that appear to have closed off a path for Democrats to achieve that ambition.
President Joe Biden is struggling politically. Recent polls have shown that his approval ratings continue to fall. According to CNN's Poll of Polls, the President stands at 42%, while Quinnipiac's January poll placed him at 33%. Those are the kinds of numbers that would leave any White House unsettled.
By the time President Joe Biden was climbing into his limousine on Capitol Hill, his Thursday was already going poorly.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said the chamber would postpone a previously scheduled recess and return Tuesday to begin debating the election and voting legislation.
The massive legislative package would make massive changes to how people vote as well as redistricting and campaign finance.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed