Former President Donald Trump referred to Senator Mike Rounds as a “RINO” — Republican in name only — after Rounds, who represents South Dakota, rejected Trump’s lies about the integrity of the 2020 general election. “Is he crazy or just stupid?” Trump said in the statement. “The numbers are conclusive, and the fraudulent and irregular … Continue reading "Trump Attacks GOP Senator Who Rejected His Election Lies"
Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) said on Sunday that the 2020 election was “as fair as we have seen.”
On Sunday, South Dakota Republican Sen. Mike Rounds was asked a blunt question by ABC's George Stephanopoulos: "What do you say to all those Republicans, all those veterans who believe the election was stolen, who have bought the falsehoods coming from former President Trump?"
Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Monday defended fellow Republican Sen. Mike Rounds (S.D.) after former President Trump criticized Rounds for shooting down Trump's claims the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him.
Trump shot back at Sen. Mike Rounds by calling the 67-year-old Republican from South Dakota "woke."
Sen. Mike Rounds knows Donald Trump lied about the election, but he's prepared to support him in 2024 anyway. For Trump, that's not good enough.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed