About 100,000 Russian troops have been spotted at the Ukrainian border.
A top Russian diplomat has predicted “difficult” talks with the United States this week after holding a working dinner with U.S. officials in Geneva
Secretary of State Antony Blinken said this week’s meetings in Europe will test whether Vladimir Putin is willing to resolve the crisis diplomatically.
Before the two countries met amid rising tensions over Ukraine, a senior Russian official and the U.S. Secretary of State set a pessimistic tone.
The current confrontation turns partly on what, if any, commitments Secretary of State James A. Baker III made about NATO’s expansion in the waning days of the Cold War.
Antony Blinken discussed the growing tension between the U.S. and Russia as the latter stands poised to make a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday on ABC's "This Week" that there will be 'massive consequences" if Russia invades Ukraine. | Clips
The U.S. will arrive in Europe ready to dial down tensions, but how seriously Russia wants to deal is anyone's guess.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed