1/6 Committee member, Rep. Adam Schiff, said that the role of Trump and his advisors in the 1/6 attack is the focal point of the investigation.
Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) chose her words carefully and intentionally while laying out the case for potentially criminally charging Trump for 1/6.
1/6 Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson said that they have found evidence of House Republican involvement in the Capitol attack.
“It’s scary to think we opened up Pandora’s box,” Dunn said, reflecting on the first anniversary of the attack on the U.S. Capitol.
“The full picture is coming to light, despite President Trump’s ongoing efforts to hide the picture,” said Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney.
The House select committee probing the January 6 insurrection is signaling that it has penetrated Donald Trump's wall of obstruction about what was going on inside the White House and his own family while he refused to stop the mob attack on the US Capitol a year ago this week.
IÂve taken a guilty pleasure recently in watching the faux intellectuals on MSNBC and CNN pass judgment on not just Donald Trump, but also on everyone who...
On New Year's Day 2022, we have yet to see any major political figure held accountable for the assault on our democracy.
Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said Sunday that the House committee investigating Jan.
Members of the House select committee investigating January 6 said Sunday that they have critical testimony about communications to former President Donald Trump on the day of the deadly attack.
President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris will deliver remarks on Thursday to mark the one-year anniversary of the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, the White House said Sunday.
Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), the vice chair of the House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection, said in an interview with CBS that the committee has "firsthand testimony" that former President Donald Trump was watching the attack on the Capitol from the White House.
In the weeks after the 9/11 terrorist attack, then President George W. Bush famously stood before a joint session of Congress and declared to the nations of the world: "Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists." As we approach the one-year anniversary of the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, Dean Obeidallah writes that is the very question we all should pose to any GOP elected official who still downplays the assault or supports the election lie that led to the violence.
The riot at the Capitol briefly looked like it had broken Trump's hold on the GOP. Instead, he has reaffirmed his dominion over the party.
Three out of five respondents say Trump is responsible for the events that led to the U.S. Capitol riot.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed