StoryGraph Biggest Story 2022-01-02 -- liz cheney (6), rep liz (5), joe biden’s (5), the anniversary of the capitol attack we have yet (4), cheney r-wyo (4)
Some Of The Biggest Lies Being Spread About The Jan. 6 Insurrection
The events from last Jan. 6 in Washington unfolded on live television but they've since been up for debate.
At time of Capitol prayer service Jan. 6, Trump will deliver remarks doubling down on the ‘Big Lie’
The riot at the Capitol briefly looked like it had broken Trump's hold on the GOP. Instead, he has reaffirmed his dominion over the party.
Jan. 6 committee prepares to go public as findings mount
The House panel investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection is planning televised hearings and a series of reports in the coming months to present its findings and bring its private interviews out into the open
Capitol Officer Furious Over Mike Pence's Jan. 6 Comments After Police Saved His Life
Pence's recent comments are a "disgrace," the sergeant said. "We did everything possible to prevent him from being ... killed in front of his daughter and his wife."
Opinion | The case for — and against — indicting Trump in 2022
On New Year's Day 2022, we have yet to see any major political figure held accountable for the assault on our democracy.
Poll: House's Jan. 6 probe is popular — even among many Republicans
Three out of five respondents say Trump is responsible for the events that led to the U.S. Capitol riot.
Efforts to Trump-proof presidential certification crash into congressional realities
As lawmakers weigh how to safeguard the certification of elections from a future Jan. 6 attack, they’re facing one huge constitutional roadblock.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed