Before he passed away, former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid asked the Senate to abolish the filibuster. Democrats must fulfill his request.
Harry Reid died on Tuesday. He was 82. Reid was famous for lying about Mitt Romney’s taxes during the 2012 election and then later bragging about it. Harry was a good Democrat. Harry Reid Justifies Lying About Romney’s Taxes on Senate Floor: “He Didn’t Win, Did He?” Chuck Schumer made the announcement on Twitter. Harry…
Instead of a statement after Harry Reid's passing, former president Barack Obama shared the final letter that he wrote to Reid.
Current and former elected officials from both sides of the aisle are voicing appreciation for former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who died on Tuesday at the age of 82.
The Nevada politician served as Senate minority leader until his retirement and called for an end to the chamber's filibuster.
In May, Mitch McConnell went out of his way to derail an independent Jan. 6 investigation. Now, his perspective is dramatically different.
Messages of remembrance poured in after the Democratic giant from Nevada died at 82 after a years-long battle with cancer.
The hard-nosed Nevada Democrat employed his blunt manner in leading Senate Democrats.
Harry Reid, Democratic Kingmaker, Dies at 82 | RealClearPolitics
Jon Ralston, CEO of the Nevada Independent and dean of Nevada political reporting, talks about the life and legacy of former Senator Majority Leader Harry Reid, sharing stories of his life and examples of the toughness that defined his character.
Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who rose from poverty in rural Nevada to the heights of Democratic politics, has died at the age of 82.
Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid died Tuesday at the age of 82.
Harry Reid, former Senate Majority Leader and Nevada’s longest-serving congressman, died on Tuesday at the age of 82.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed