The Biden administration is revealing the most tangible signs of a shifting pandemic strategy several weeks in the making. It is preparing a nation exhausted by two years battling the invisible enemy to live more feasibly alongside it.
More than a year after the vaccine was rolled out, new cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. have soared to the highest level on record at over 265,000 per day on average.
Michigan will not change its COVID-19 isolation guidelines following the CDC's recent shortening of proposed quarantine time.
Two shots of the vaccine reduced the risk of hospitalization from the fast-spreading variant by 85 percent, a clinical trial found.
In the past eight days, six major health systems in the state of Georgia and metro Atlanta have experienced 100% to 200% increases in Covid-19 hospitalizations — with most of them coming from unvaccinated patients, according to a joint statement released by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory Healthcare, Grady Health System, Northeast Georgia Health System, Piedmont and Wellstar Health System.
An unprecedented spike in Covid-19 cases fueled by the fast-moving Omicron variant is crushing hospitals across the United States, with doctors describing packed emergency rooms as health experts implore New Year's Eve revelers to keep parties small and outdoors to help avert an even worse surge.
Covid-19 can look a lot like a simple cold or flu, especially in vaccinated people. Epidemiologist Dr. Abdul El-Sayed explains what to look for to differentiate between the viruses and how to respond to the infections.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading expert on infectious diseases, explained why the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shortened its recommended isolation time to five days for people infected with COVID-19 who are asymptomatic. “The reason is that now that we have such an overwhelming volume of cases coming in, many of which are … Continue reading "Fauci Defends New CDC Isolation Guidance"
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed