In a case that fueled debate over gun rights and vigilantism, the jury appeared to accept Mr. Rittenhouse’s explanation that he had acted reasonably to defend himself during demonstrations.
Fox News host Tucker Carlson will interview Kyle Rittenhouse on Monday night following the 18-year-old’s Friday afternoon acquittal.
After more than 25 hours of deliberations, a 12-person jury acquitted Kyle Rittenhouse of all five charges he faced after fatally shooting two people and wounding a third during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last summer.
“I did not approve of that,” Mark Richards told CNN's Chris Cuomo about the presence of the Fox News personality's "documentary" makers.
Former President Trump congratulated Kyle Rittenhouse after a jury found him not guilty of all charges at the conclusion of his homicide trial in Kenosha, Wis., Friday afternoon.
Some have painted Rittenhouse as a vigilante hero, others as a trigger happy racist.
Kyle Rittenhouse has been found not guilty on all counts, including first-degree intentional homicide and recklessly endangering safety. His acquittal is outrageous but unsurprising.
Protesters took to the streets of Brooklyn, Chicago, Oakland, and other cities after the not guilty verdict in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial.
Protests have erupted in New York City after Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted of murder charges Friday afternoon.
Nov. 19, 2021, 1:15 p.m. ETNov. 19, 2021, 1:15 p.m. ETBy Julie BosmanKyle Rittenhouse was found not guilty of intentional homicide and four other charges.VideotranscriptBackbars0:00/1:12-0:00transc...
The acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse points to the wide berth given to defendants who say they acted out of fear.
Mock juries used by his defense team to test their case reacted much more favorably when he testified, his lead lawyer said.
Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager who killed two people and shot another during unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, was acquitted Friday of first-degree intentional homicide and four other felony charges.
Mark Richards, an attorney for Kyle Rittenhouse, said Friday that he did not approve the Fox film crew that was embedded with the defense team during the trial.
If Rittenhouse had exercised better judgment and decided not to go to Kenosha that night, Rosenbaum and Huber would almost certainly still be alive. But in Wisconsin, that initial decision, as poor a decision as it was, does not constitute a crime, and the jury found his later actions justified.
Kyle Rittenhouse's homicide trial in Wisconsin was highlighted by the emotional testimony of the 18-year-old man whose actions as a minor have become emblematic of a divided America.
Rittenhouse, who was 17 at the time, argued he was acting in self-defense.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed