A fresh batch of data from a big study of healthcare workers across the country helped prompt the CDC to say fully vaccinated people can go without masks in most circumstances, the agency said Friday.
Some of the country's largest retailers will still require masks inside stores despite the CDC's decision to loosen mask wearing for fully vaccinated individuals.
Walmart will no longer require its customers and employees to wear masks inside stores as long as they are fully vaccinated.
Shoppers who are vaccinated against Covid-19 can shop without masks in some Walmart, Sam's Club and Costco locations as well as at Trader Joe's, the companies said in separate announcements Friday.
At least four states and a string of cautious local leaders won't change their mask mandates following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed