Democrats have their own brewing disagreement over how the US should react to violence between Israelis and Palestinians. It's an awkward public fight for a party that has made its commitment to social and racial justice a main part of its platform.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a prominent American Muslim organization, announced Saturday it will boycott the White House’s annual Eid celebration over the Biden administration’s stance on Israel amid spiking violence in the G
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) called for the U.S.
The strike brought the entire 12-story building down, collapsing with a gigantic cloud of dust.
The Associated Press (AP) denied any knowledge that the building housing its offices in Gaza was also shared by Hamas terrorists.
The White House said it has told Israel that ensuring the safety of the press is "paramount."
"Free Palestine" rallies have taken place in several major cities, including Washington, London, Montreal and Sydney, amid escalating Gaza-Israel violence.
The Associated Press, Al Jazeera, and media advocacy groups are demanding answers after an Israeli airstrike destroyed a building with offices belonging to news outlets in Gaza on Saturday.
CNN's Senior International Correspondent Ben Wedeman reports from Bethlehem, where a new generation of Palestinians has taken to the barricades facing a new generation of Israeli soldiers.
Israel bombed a house in Gaza where a family had gathered to celebrate the end of Ramadan and an office housing international media as a new flurry of Hamas missiles rained down on Tel Aviv Saturday, increasing fears that a de-escalation of the conflict could soon be out of reach.
AP and Al Jazeera staff was forced to evacuate before Israeli airstrikes.
Fares Akram grew up in Gaza city. As a reporter for the Associated Press, he worked in the building that Israel destroyed with airstrikes.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed