The unmistakable message of Liz Cheney's downfall is that Donald Trump will be a dominant figure in the Republican Party -- and by extension American life -- most likely for years to come.
The conservative organization Club for Growth on Wednesday came out against Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) as a replacement for Rep. Liz Cheney as House Republican Conference chairwoman.
If Trump critics just end up purged from the GOP, the next electoral crisis will be even worse.
The president expressed bafflement at GOP attacks on Liz Cheney as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell pledged “100%” opposition to the White House.
The Republican said the GOP's ongoing embrace of former President Donald Trump "will do profound long-term damage to our party and our country.”
As House Republican leaders actively try to oust a member of their own leadership team – No. 3 Rep. Liz Cheney – the congresswoman isn’t fighting the move.
Biden’s speech comes as drama continues to unfold over whether Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) will keep her No. 3 leadership post among House Republicans in the wake of her continued criticism of former president Donald Trump.
The modest adjustments to the For the People Act are meant to address concerns from state and local elections officials, not to woo skeptical Republicans.
Cheney seems happy to forfeit her leadership role and even her seat by continually criticizing Trump. She’s making a far different bet than pretty much everyone in her party.
Arkansas Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson said Wednesday evening that it's a "bad look" for the GOP to move on ousting Rep. Liz Cheney from party leadership amid her continued opposition to former President Donald Trump.
President Joe Biden said on Wednesday that he thinks the Republican Party is going through a "sort of mini-revolution" amid the push by GOP House members to oust Rep. Liz Cheney from her leadership position.
GOP Rep. Elise Stefanik now appears poised to become the next House Republican conference chairwoman as the party unites against Rep. Liz Cheney for calling out former President Donald Trump's Big Lie that the 2020 election was stolen.
The Kentucky Republican side-stepped a question about GOP infighting between Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and former President Donald Trump.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed