Welcome to The Hill’s Morning Report. Today is Tuesday! We get you up to speed on the most important developments in politics and policy, plus trends to watch.
New coronavirus cases in the United States have surged by double digits over the last seven days, as the country prepares for another potentially deadly wave of infections and hospitalizations in the coming weeks.
"What is the doom that you sense might be impending?" MSNBC host Rachel Maddow asked Dr. Rochelle Walensky.
After announcing that the United States has surpassed 30 million cases of Covid-19, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said she had a feeling of "impending doom" about the pandemic.
President Joe Biden is warning states that are rushing ahead with opening businesses, bars and restaurants to slow down as one of his top health chiefs warns of "impending doom" over a possible new Covid-19 surge.
The president and top health official rang the alarm bells on a fourth virus surge, warning that some Americans are letting up too early.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed