Speaker Pelosi said that House Democrats will not rest, and they will not stop until the $15/hour minimum wage passes.
The House of Representatives is on track to approve President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion pandemic aid package, a major step toward enacting the first legislative priority of the new administration as the devastating fallout from the spread of Covid-19 has left Americans in dire need of further relief.
House Democrats passed their sweeping $1.9 trillion coronavirus aid package in a party-line vote early Saturday morning, advancing President Biden’s top legislative priority.
If it clears the Senate, the package would include a new round of stimulus checks and a boost in jobless benefits, among other coronavirus pandemic aid.
The House passed a $1.9 trillion COVID-19 aid spending bill early Saturday morning, leaving intact a $15 minimum wage mandate that sets up a clash with Senate rules that say it must be excluded.
Democrats pressed ahead over united GOP opposition on the massive relief package aimed at stabilizing the economy and boosting vaccinations and testing.
The major order of business for President Joe Biden and Congress is to pass a $1.9 trillion Covid relief package before the round of unemployment benefits and other aid approved in December lapse, again leaving millions of Americans short of help.
The $1.9 trillion House coronavirus package contains a wide range of proposals to help Americans still struggling with the economic fallout of the pandemic.
Democrats’ sweeping pandemic stimulus package now heads to the Senate.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed