Activists see a pattern imperiling many such nominees, making their confirmation process rougher and meaner than in previous years and when compared with their White counterparts.
AT&T said Fox News host Tucker Carlson's allegations that the company lobbied on behalf of a Chinese telecommunications company were "misleading."
The attorney for the U.S. Capitol Police officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt during the Jan. 6 siege, said the claims that he didn't issue a verbal warning before discharging his firearm are "a false narrative."
Xavier Becerra refused to answer questions about his radical pro-abortion views during his Senate confirmation hearing.
On the confirmation of President Biden’s nominee for OMB Neera Tanden, White House Chief of Staff says ‘we’re fighting our guts out’ to get her confirmed. He cites Sen. Grassley coming out as ‘open minded’ on Tanden’s confirmation.
Biden plans to meet with a bipartisan group of lawmakers before signing an executive order calling for a 100-day government review of potential vulnerabilities in U.S. supply chains for critical items.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed