The lengthy and personal diatribe escalated a growing rift in the GOP about whether it will be controlled by pro-Trump forces or those viewed as more traditional Republicans.
President Biden is hoping playing the blame game will boost his White House as the new administration braces for its first 100 days assessment.
The coming weeks — and likely the coming months and years — will force lawmakers to work through the many unanswered questions about the attack.
The former president called the Senate minority leader “third rate” and “one of the most unpopular politicians in the United States.”
President Biden called pro-Trump white supremacists "dangerous people," hours after former President Donald Trump declared that his conservative movement has just begun.
"I’m more worried about 2022 than I’ve ever been," the Trump sycophant told Fox News' Sean Hannity.
Prospective 2024 Republican presidential candidates are starting to choose where they stand on former President Donald Trump going forward in the aftermath of his second impeachment, a key question they will all need to answer.
Republicans who voted to impeach or convict Trump for his role in the Capitol riot are facing fury and official rebukes from party leaders back home.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed