Mitch McConnell basically said that the justice system must do what he and his Republican colleagues were too spineless to do.
Those who helped Trump get away with inciting the deadly insurrection at the Capitol should have no role in a commission to investigate it.
In the last week, nearly every Republican gave their take on the Donald Trump impeachment trial. People like Lindsey Graham gave the ex-president their full support. Others, like Mitch McConnell, blasted Trump but still voted to acquit him. Mike Pence, though, had nothing to say. This was especially interesting considering the facts of the case. … Continue reading "John Heilemann: Supporting a Man Who Wanted to See His VP Killed Makes the GOP the Zombie Party"
Biden's Early Blunders Could Hurt Democrats in 2022 | RealClearPolitics
Former Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he is open to running against Sen. Mitt Romney in Utah.
While the former president has been banned from Shopify, independent sellers are still pushing Trump gear.
Legal troubles in New York and Georgia mount for the former president with his second impeachment trial having gone dark.
Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi renewed her push for a “9/11-type commission” to investigate the Capitol siege following former President Donald Trump being acquitted on Saturday as some Republicans try to turn the security failure spotlight on her.
Friends and allies expect Trump to resume friendly media interviews after weeks of silence.
Former senior aide to Mike Pence, Olivia Troye, is upset and angry about what the Republican party has turned into, and speaks to her concern over what Trump’s impeachment acquittal means for our country
The chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee said the Republicans will retake the House majority in November 2022.
Donald Trump's acquittal in the Senate's impeachment trial -- and the backlash now facing Republicans who voted to convict him -- have exposed the deepening rift within the GOP over whether to continue to fully embrace the former President or seek to move past his divisive brand of politics.
The impeachment managers who were so successful in proving the case against Trump now stand ready to help ensure justice is finally done.
He's the latest Republican lawmaker to face censure at home for declaring the ex-president guilty of inciting the deadly Capitol riot.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed