In a piece for The Lexington Herald-Leader, op-ed columnist Linda Blackford criticized Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) for voting to acquit former President Donald Trump for inciting an insurrection against Congress, writing that his speeches “won’t save his beloved legacy.” “McConnell gave a pass to white supremacy, a pass on attacking the U.S. Capitol. … Continue reading "Kentucky Newspaper Says McConnell “Won’t Save His Beloved Legacy” After Voting to Acquit Trump"
The 57-43 vote included seven Republicans but fell short of the two-thirds majority needed to convict, underscoring Trump’s continuing grip on the GOP.
The North Carolina Republican Party will reportedly hold a vote Monday to decide whether Sen.
Nearly 60 percent of Americans believe former President Trump should have been convicted during his second Senate impeachment trial, an ABC News-Ipsos poll taken shortly after
Del. Stacey Plaskett told CNN that "we didn’t need more witnesses, we needed more senators with spines."
Graham is still all in on Trumpism. Bill Cassidy? Not so much.
Friends and allies expect Trump to resume friendly media interviews after weeks of silence.
The senators who bought Trump’s First Amendment defense have given future presidents permission to try to succeed where Trump failed.
MSNBC Contributor Charlie Sykes said Monday that "2022 is going to be a Republican Civil War" when he spoke about former President Donald Trump's acquittal.
Sen. Lindsey Graham declared “the Trump movement is alive and well.”
A Washington Post analysis of the trial transcripts included more than 91,00 words from the nine House impeachment managers and almost 33,000 from Trumpâs legal team after the conclusion of the trial.
On Saturday Republican leader Mitch McConnell trashed President Trump following his second impeachment acquittal by the US Senate. McConnell brutally slammed President Trump following his acquittal. SNAKE: McConnell Uses Floor to Brutally Trash Trump Following Failed Impeachment Effort McConnell and the GOP elites (GOPe) worked against President Trump for years preventing him from passing his…
After surviving his second junk impeachment attempt by Nancy Pelosi and her band of wild-eyed Marxists, President Trump is reportedly set to reemerge. Trump remains hugely popular with the Republican base. But the GOP elites are openly working to destroy him and his movement. Mitch McConnell called for criminal prosecutions against President Trump. Not one…
President Trump won the largest ever vote in US history as a Republican and as a sitting president. Trump picked up Latinos, Blacks, Gays, immigrants, and Democrat voters in the process. If not for the historic fraud President Trump would be starting his second term right now. Liz Cheney, the third-ranked Republican in the US…
In the wake of Donald Trump’s impeachment acquittal, the GOP civil war has begun in earnest. Some, like Lindsey Graham, have decided to go all-in on Trumpism. Others are in talks to start a third party. MSNBC’s host of “American Voices” Alicia Menendez and her all-star panel discuss what it all means.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed