Two roads diverged in American politics, and the Republican Party chose the one traveled by disgraced ex-President Donald Trump and QAnon conspiracy theorists.
A congressman announced Wednesday he would introduce a resolution to expel Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., from Congress due to the 'direct threat' her presence represents. Meanwhile, Rep. Matt Gaetz is holding a Wyoming rally against Rep. Liz Cheney.
Adam Kinzinger criticized Marjorie Taylor Greene saying "she is not a Republican" and shouldn't have the "privilege" of being on any House committees.
California Rep. Jimmy Gomez said that he would introduce a resolution to expel Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from Congress.
The party is targeting partisan heresy instead of conspiracy theories.
A local Georgia news crew was removed from a town hall hosted by Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene on Jan. 27.
Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida will rally the Trump faithful in Wyoming on Thursday, hoping to bring a MAGA backlash to GOP Rep. Liz Cheney's backyard after she voted to impeach the former President for his role in inciting the riot at the Capitol.
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) tells CNN's John Berman that the Republican party needs to return to the way it was prior to Donald Trump's time in the White House.
A CNN KFile review of the congresswoman's posts indicated support for executing prominent Democrats in 2018 and 2019. That's stunning, says Elliot Williams, and the only response should be her resignation. But a vocal element of the party, with Greene as its drum major, has neutered the party's leadership, and rendered them incapable of condemning even obvious threats to others' safety.
David Hogg, who became one of the nation’s most recognizable advocates for gun control after surviving the Parkland, Florida mass shooting in 2018, has called on Republicans to denounce Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) after a video of Greene, a noted conspiracy theorist, heckling him went viral. “My message to Kevin McCarthy is this, take … Continue reading "Parkland Shooting Survivor David Hogg Urges Republicans to Denounce Marjorie Taylor Greene"
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed