Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) on Tuesday evening criticized what they deemed presidential obstruction on COVID-19 relief talks while emphasizing "progress" in negotiat
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) reportedly told the White House on Tuesday that they would support including $600 stimulus checks in a coronavirus relief package.
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) trolled his Democratic colleagues on Twitter Tuesday over losses dealt to the party in the chamber in the November elections.
The White House advanced a $916 billion offer on coronavirus relief Tuesday night, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader called it "unacceptable."
President Trump on Tuesday tapped former aide Kellyanne Conway and Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao to government jobs in the final days of his administration.
Donald Trump Jr. is featured in a new ad urging Georgians to get out and vote for Sens. David Perdue (R-Ga.) and Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) in the Jan. 5 runoff election that will determine the balance of power in the Senate.
“This must be exposed," the California Democrat wrote as Congress tries to negotiate a COVID-19 stimulus deal.
Donald Trump Jr. stressed the importance of the runoff U.S. Senate elections in Georgia during a Tuesday night appearance on Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight."
There is no power on Earth capable of defeating America. America can only be defeated from within. | Politics
The latest offer caps a day of confusion over pandemic relief on Capitol Hill.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed