Advertisements Donald Trump seemed to criticize the Civil Rights Act during a blockbuster interview released on Tuesday. The President questioned how the landmark legislation had worked out. Trump spoke to Axios’ Jonathan Swan about the late Congressman and Civil Rights icon John Lewis. Saying he’d done more for Black Americans than anyone except maybe Abraham Lincoln, the … Continue reading "Trump Appears to Criticize the Civil Rights Act: “How Has It Worked Out?”"
Advertisements Newt Gingrich has suggested that Donald Trump can turn his campaign around by adopting Richard Nixon’s 1972 election strategy. That was the year of the Watergate break-in. In an extensive new report, Politico outlines how the President’s usual tactics don’t seem to be working against former Vice President Joe Biden. The article explains Gingrich’s thinking. He … Continue reading "Newt Gingrich: Trump Should Use Nixon’s 1972 Strategy to Win the Election"
Advertisements Donald Trump thinks the U.S. government should benefit from the sale of video sharing app TikTok. The President previously said he wanted to ban the popular app. TikTok may be partially sold to Microsoft in an effort to overcome the Trump administration’s concerns about is Chinese ownership and the security implication. The President suggested … Continue reading "Trump Says Part of TikTok Sale Should Go to U.S. Government"
President Trump in a new interview questioned Jeffrey Epstein's cause of death in prison and stood by his well wishes for Ghislaine Maxwell, who is accused of helping recruit young girls who were sexually abused by the disgraced financier.
Trump again wished Ghislaine Maxwell well in a Monday interview, and suggested that her ex-lover Epstein may not have killed himself.
Advertisements Mary Trump has candidly discussed the possibility that Donald Trump’s children could enter politics if he loses the White House in the November election. The President’s niece gave an interview to the UK’s Independent newspaper where she talked about the possibility of her cousins seeking elected office after Trump’s administration. Mary Trump suggested that Donald Jr. … Continue reading "Mary Trump Warns Don Jr. and Ivanka Could Be Future Republican Candidates"
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed