Advertisements Donald Trump claimed on Monday that he has a higher approval rating than Barack Obama had at this point in his presidency. The President is relying on a friendly pollster. Trump pointed to numbers from Rasmussen – a favorite pollster of his that typically skews to the right and has been widely criticized by … Continue reading "Trump Falsely Claims His Approval Is “Higher Than Obama at This Point in Time”"
Advertisements Donald Trump has threatened to sue the state of Nevada to prevent the extension of mail-in voting in the state. In an early morning tweet, the President accused the governor of a coup. Nevada approved legislation on Sunday that will automatically send mail-in ballots to all voters in the state – something several other … Continue reading "Trump Accuses Nevada of “Coup”, Threatens to Sue to Stop Mail-In Voting"
Advertisements Nancy Pelosi doesn’t have confidence in a senior member of the White House Coronavirus task force. She’s accused the Trump administration of spreading misinformation. The Speaker of the House told ABC over the weekend that Dr. Deborah Birx did not enjoy her confidence because of the false information that President Donald Trump has been … Continue reading "Nancy Pelosi Says She Doesn’t Have Confidence in Dr. Deborah Birx"
The House speaker reportedly called the White House coronavirus task force member "the worst" in a closed-door meeting.
Advertisements A White House economic adviser has called on Donald Trump to declare a national emergency because of the Coronavirus and stop collecting payroll taxes. Stephen Moore co-authored an op-ed in Sunday’s Wall Street Journal calling for radical and apparently unilateral action to shore up the struggling U.S. economy. “Last week Mr. Trump acknowledged that compromising with … Continue reading "White House Economic Adviser: Trump Should Declare a “National Economic Emergency”"
President Donald Trump's top government experts now say that the pandemic is entering a new phase as it invades the rural heartland -- and they can't say how long it will last.
Negotiations on a huge COVID-19 relief bill are set to resume, but the path forward promises to be challenging
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed