After months of trying to put the coronavirus in the rearview mirror, President Donald Trump kicked off the week by putting a renewed focus on the pandemic.
Lacking medical care, Bolivians are drinking a form of bleach in hopes of warding off the virus. Japanese officials remain narrowly focused on Tokyo’s nightlife as the country’s outbreak spreads.
Trump’s announcement came after concern from aides and growing pushback from local officials.
It took a surge of nearly two million coronavirus cases over the last month — and the spate of devastating polls that ensued — for President Donald Trump to finally begin acknowledging reality.
Calvary Chapel Dayton Valley argued that the hard cap on religious gatherings was an unconstitutional violation of its parishioners' First Amendment rights.
A president who once claimed that “the worst days of the pandemic are behind us” now acknowledges that it has surged through much of the country and will “get worse before it gets better.”
The 5-to-4 vote was the same as when the court in May rejected a California church’s claim.
To the extent people want a different approach from the president, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany suggested it’s not arriving.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed