The Seattle Police Department declared a demonstration in the city Saturday night a riot after buildings were vandalized and multiple fires were set.
From Los Angeles to New York, protesters marched in a show of solidarity with demonstrations in Portland, Ore. In Seattle, they smashed windows and set fires. A shooting at a protest in Austin, Texas, left one man dead.
Protests intensified in Portland, Ore., on Saturday as thousands of people gathered outside a federal courthouse that has for weeks been the site of violent clashes between federal law enforcement and demonstrators.
Rioters in Oakland, California, set fire to the Alameda County Superior Courthouse and attacked the police station. Hundreds of people were in the streets of Oakland in solidarity with the rioters in Portland, who have been out in force for nearly 60 days straight. Small blaze set inside Alameda county courthouse. #oaklandprotest You may not…
Another night of rioting and lawlessness exploded in more than half a dozen U.S. cities Saturday night -- with the mayhem including damage to federal buildings, local police precincts, and a fatal shooting in Austin, Texas.
The Seattle Police Department declared a riot and arrested 45 people after "explosives" were thrown at officers when a protest turned violent in the city's Capitol Hill neighborhood on Saturday.
Police in California say protesters set fire to a courthouse, damaged a police station and assaulted officers after a peaceful demonstration intensified late Saturday
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed