The United States reported more than 75,600 new cases on Thursday, a single-day record. India ranks third in the world in both total cases and new ones, and its rate of new infections is on track to overtake Brazil’s.
The United States just recorded more than 77,000 new cases of Covid-19, the most ever in a single day. But President Donald Trump wants to talk about dishwasher reform.
How Palantir and Peter Thiel might lead the biggest tech IPO of the year.
MSNBC Medical Contributor Dr. Vin Gupta excoriates Georgia's Republican Governor Brian Kemp for his attempts to stop a face mask mandate enacted by Atlanta's Democratic Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms.
The hackers have been targeting British, Canadian and American organizations racing to create coronavirus vaccines.
Private schools have always had more flexibility, and usually more money, but never has that disparity made a bigger difference than now.
More retailers and states are instituting mask requirements, but tensions are mounting for people who see the rules as infringements.
Novavax just received the Trump administration’s largest vaccine contract. In the Maryland company’s 33-year history, it has never brought a vaccine to market.
For the first time, the numbers of coronavirus cases reported in the United States passed 77,000, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University.
On Wednesday in Georgia, there were almost 4,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus. Almost 2,800 people are hospitalized due to Covid-19, the highest number in the state's ongoing battle against the virus. A total of 37 people died, the highest number of daily deaths since June 25, according to data from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed