Former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville defeated former Attorney General Jeff Sessions in the Alabama Senate primary race on Tuesday. The AP called the race shortly after the polls closed in Alabama. Tuberville is winning 67% to 37%! Decision Desk HQ projects Tommy Tuberville has won the AL Senate Republican Primary. Race called at 08:45…
Tommy Tuberville and President Trump were the winners in Tuesday’s Republican Senate primary runoff in Alabama.
President Donald Trump looms large in the Republican runoff for Senate in Alabama, where Jeff Sessions faces off against Trump endorsed Tommy Tuberville. But it’s looking like a grudge match between the former Attorney General and the president.
Alabama, Texas, and Maine hold elections tonight. Stay tuned to Breitbart News for live updates. All times Eastern. | 2020 Election
In Maine, Sara Gideon prevailed over limited competition in the Democratic primary for Senate and will face Susan Collins in a race that has become the priciest Senate campaign in the state’s history.
Ms. Gideon, backed by the Senate Democratic campaign arm and outside political groups, had long been the favorite to challenge Senator Collins, the sole remaining New England Republican in Congress.
Their path isn’t easy, but it is possible — especially in a national environment that favors them over Republicans right now.
The former Auburn University football coach will face Democrat Doug Jones in November.
Former attorney general Jeff Sessions tried to win back his old seat in the U.S. Senate but was defeated by the Trump-endorsed Tommy Tuberville.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed