Still struggling with rising coronavirus cases, India, Mexico, Russia, Iran and Pakistan have decided they must end lockdowns and restart their economies.
The president called the demonstrators "anarchists" and said they "must be stooped."
President Donald Trump demanded that officials in Seattle take back the portion of their city occupied by a group of radical left protesters.
The White House Coronavirus Task Force has become all but invisible as officials pivot hard to drawing a line under the crisis to focus on reopening businesses, even as several states record an increase in COVID-19 cases.
The U.S. surpassed two million coronavirus cases on Wednesday. Infections are rising in 21 states, as governments ease restrictions and Americans try to return to their routines.
The president is set to hold his first rally since the coronavirus shuttered most of the country, with polls showing Joe Biden establishing a significant national lead over his rival.
Federal Reserve officials indicated they expected the economic recovery from the pandemic-induced recession to be a slow one, with rates near zero for years.
The Ford Foundation and four others plan to substantially increase their spending, a splurge financed in part by issuing debt.
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee was stumped about the takeover of part of downtown Seattle by radicals: "That's news to me," he said, laughing.
Washington state Governor Jay Inslee (D), who earlier Wednesday said he did not know that parts of Seattle were occupied by armed anarchists, told President Trump late Wednesday night to “stay out of Washington state’s business” after Trump warned him to act, to save his city. “A man who is totally incapable of governing should…
Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan (D) replied to President Trump late Wednesday with a childish taunt after Trump warned her and Governor Jay Inslee (D) he would act if they did not to secure the city from anarchists who have taken over several blocks in an armed occupation. “Make us all safe. Go back to your…
President Trump issued a stark warning Wednesday night to Washington State Governor Jay Inslee (D) over his allowing Antifa activists to take over a six block section of Seattle. Trump said if Inslee and Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan (D) do not act then he would act to take back the city from anarchists. “Radical Left…
Trump's own advisers are warning him that without and immediate change in his message he is poised to lose the election to Joe Biden.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed