The White House has yet to announce what new measures it might support in response to the protests against racial injustice that have gripped the nation since the killing of George Floyd.
Several reporters misrepresented a quote from President Trump regarding police using chokeholds by leaving out a large part of the actual quote.
Trump’s new Fox interview shows why he’s so terribly unsuited to our moment.
During an interview with Fox News' Harris Faulkner, the president said he didn't "like chokeholds" but that it's a "tricky situation" when cops face "a r...
The president defended his use of the phrase "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."
Judge Peter A. Cahill will hear the case of the four police officers charged in the killing of George Floyd, according to court documents filed on Friday. The first hearing is set for June 29.
Asked that question in an interview on Fox News, the president fumbled.
Donald Trump Friday explained circumstances in which police officers may need to use chokeholds but suggested, in general, the practice "should be ended."
Calls to defund police were strengthened by failed reforms, advocate and sociologist say
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed