StoryGraph Biggest Story 2020-05-07 -- the new york times, social distancing, covid 19, vaccine clinical, treat patients
Global Medical Community Fears Coronavirus Second Wave
Authorities around the world are drawing up plans in case of a resurgence of the virus.
Trump Administration Shelves CDC Guide To Reopening Country During Pandemic
A detailed document giving advice to local leaders on reopening public places will "never see the light of day,” a CDC official told the Associated Press.
Germany and U.S. on Divergent Paths to Reopen
Online retailers, backed by Amazon, are beginning a campaign to press for billions of dollars to rescue the Postal Service. Nearly one in five children in the U.S. are not getting enough to eat.
Trump’s New Coronavirus Message: Time to Move On to the Economic Recovery
The president’s cure-can’t-be-worse-than-the-disease logic is clear: As bad as the virus may be, the cost of the virtual national lockdown has grown too high.
As Hunger Swells, Food Stamps Become a Partisan Flash Point
Democrats are seeking to raise benefits as research shows a rise in food insecurity without modern precedent amid the pandemic. But Republicans have balked at a long-term expansion of the program.
Analysis | Kayleigh McEnany’s slippery defense of saying coronavirus will not ‘come here’
The White House press secretary’s old comments have become an issue. Her whataboutism in defense of them, though, left something to be desired.
California was one of the first states to issue a stay-at-home order. Tomorrow, it'll start to reopen
States across the country continued Thursday to work toward reopening as researchers said the novel coronavirus has been deadlier in the United States than the seasonal flu.
E.U. Is Facing Its Worst Recession Ever. Watch Out, World.
New forecasts predict a 7.4 percent economic collapse and risks of even worse decline if the reopening triggers a second virus wave.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed